You can request your repeat medication online, or by indicating the items you require on the tear-off slip of your prescription and posting it to us or posting in the practice letter box. Please indicate which pharmacy you would like to collect from or which branch site if you are a dispensing patient. Please allow TWO-THREE WORKING DAYS for your request to be processed (Additional time will be required over Bank Holidays).
Asplands Dispensary Opening Hours
|Monday||08:30-14:00 and 15:00-18:30|
|Tuesday||08:30-14:00 and 15:00-18:30|
|Wednesday||08:30-14:00 and 15:00-18:30|
|Thursday||08:30-14:00 and 15:00-18:30|
|Friday||08:30-14:00 and 15:00-18:30|
Woburn Dispensary Opening Hours
|Monday||08:30-13:00 and 14:00-18:30|
|Tuesday||08:30-13:00 and 14:00-18:30|
|Wednesday||08:30-13:00 and 14:00-18:30|
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly saving you having to come down to the surgery.
To get your prescription sent to your chosen pharmacy you will have to ask reception to sign up.
For more information please click here.
Help with NHS costs
In England, around 90% of prescription items are dispensed free. This includes exemptions from charging for those on low incomes, such as:
- those on specific benefits or through the NHS Low Income Scheme
- those who are age exempt
- those with certain medical conditions
- More information is available at NHS Choices
If you are eligible, forms are available from our dispensary.
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.65
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £111.60
- 3-month PPC: £31.25
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0845 850 0030
- General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.
NHS Hormone Replacement Therapy Prescription Prepayment Certificate (HRT PPC)
If you pay for NHS prescribed HRT medicine 3 or more times in 12 months, an HRT PPC could save you money.
Each item on an NHS prescription usually costs £9.65. You can buy an HRT PPC for a one-off payment of £19.30 (the cost of two single items).
The HRT PPC covers an unlimited number of certain HRT medicines for 12 months, regardless of why they are prescribed.
- The HRT PPC does not cover all HRT medicines.
- If your HRT medicine is not covered, or you also get prescriptions for items other than HRT medicine, you may save more with a 3 or 12 month PPC that covers all NHS prescriptions.
- Before buying an HRT PPC, check if you’re entitled to free NHS prescriptions and other help with health costs using the eligibility checker
- Click here for more information and to apply for an HRT PPC