Patient Participation Group
Getting Your View
Work with the surgery to assist and improve the healthcare in our community
Your opinion counts so share your story!
Would you like to have your say about our services?
Joining the PPG
All registered patients are welcome to join the PPG although, in the interests of effective decision making, attendance at meetings is limited to twelve. Our group meets approximately every quarter.
- Contact a representative from the PPG or enquire about joining at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want your PPG to be as diverse and representative as possible of patients in our two practices.
It aims to work collaboratively and positively with the practice to improve services and facilities for patients and to act as a sounding board for the practice on issues affecting patients. We want to build two way communication and co-operation between the practice and patients, other individuals and organisations in healthcare, and the wider community to the mutual benefit for all.
If you think you would like to act as a representative to support us and your community, you don’t need to give up a lot of time. We hope to make the bi monthly meetings accessible for all so a mix of online and face to face will be used.
You might like to become part of a core group of volunteers engaging the wider community.
Or why not join the wider steering group working with the core team to feedback issues from a group you could represent?
Email us here to register an interest and we will send you out more information Bedccg.email@example.com.
Read our July 2021 Newsletter.
PPG Actions So Far
- Reviewed the website to ensure it is user friendly.
- Implemented channels for patients to communicate their views of services to the PPG members.
- Improved patients accessibility to communicating with the Practice by introducing a Comments Box and by highlighting all channels to communicate with the Practice in both surgeries.
- Visited Woburn Surgery and worked to improve patient information
The PPG has been actively supporting the surgery for many years. During the Pandemic of 2020- 2022 the PPG supported the practice where possible virtually. Asplands Medical Centre and Woburn Surgery are also really fortunate to have the support of volunteers and this was invaluable during the Pandemic.
A new PPG is being formed and is looking for new members.
Nicky Hall: Business Manager at Asplands, represents the Practice as a member of the PPG.